- Exporting your subscriber list into a CSV file from your current email marketing service (including Mailchimp, Convertkit, Activecampaign, Drip, Aweber, Infusionsoft, SquareSpace Email, etc.)
- Creating a segment in Flodesk for your list
- Uploading your CSV file to the segment in Flodesk
- Mapping your email, name, and other fields to Flodesk data fields
What to do after you have uploaded your CSV file?
We encourage you to follow these three simple steps early on to make sure you’re set up for success.
Step 1. Authenticate your domain
Authenticating your domain takes a few minutes, and it’s one of the easiest ways to increase email security, deliverability, and sender reputation.
It helps email services and spam blockers know that your content is legitimate. Here’s a step by step guide on how to authenticate your domain.
Step 2. Verify list permissions
We verify all manually uploaded subscriber lists (CSV files) to ensure that we are in compliance with anti-spam laws worldwide and to protect your sender reputation.
When you manually upload a new subscriber list, send us your opt-in records (detailed CSV files) to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get your list permissions verified. You will not be able to send emails to newly uploaded subscribers until list permissions are verified.
Step 3. Warm up your sender reputation
When using a new email marketing service, you’ll want to warm up your sender reputation so you can maintain a healthy deliverability and avoid the spam folder. Start by sending smaller volumes and gradually increase the number of recipients, especially if you have uploaded a large list via your CSV file:
- Start with a volume of 2,500 subscribers for your first week
- Double your sending volume every 5-7 days
- Email your most engaged subscribers first
- Don’t forget to remove bounces and unsubscribes before uploading a new CSV file to Flodesk
As always, we’re here to help.
You can reach us directly at email@example.com if you have any questions about authenticating your domain, verifying list permissions, or warming up your sender reputation.
Let's sum it up!
You can export/download your subscriber list from your current email marketing provider into a CSV file and upload it to Flodesk by creating a segment and then uploading the CSV file directly to the segment.
During the upload, you can map and create all data fields in Flodesk based on your CSV file.
Once you have manually uploaded a CSV file, make sure to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that your list permissions can be verified as you will not be able to send emails until then.