Flodesk forms are your website’s best friend. They capture your visitors’ email addresses so you can build your list and start regularly sharing your brand message. And adding them to your Showit website couldn’t be easier.
The most common sign-up forms you find on websites are inline forms. They’re the ones that are embedded into website pages, blog posts, sidebars or footers. Unlike popup forms, they appear as a natural, built-in part of the web page and are displayed at all times.
How do you embed an inline form to your website? Just add two code snippets.
How to add an inline form to your Showit website
Step 1. Start by creating and customizing your inline form.
Step 2. At the end of the form customization steps, you’ll get two code snippets. It will look something like the below image. You need to add these codes to your Showit website so that the form gets displayed and your subscribers can sign up.
Note: Both the header code and the inline code have to be added to your website. It’s not enough to add only one of them.
How to add the Header code to your Showit website
Step 1. Copy the Flodesk header code.
Step 2. In Showit go to Page > Advanced Settings and paste the Flodesk header code into the Custom Head HTML section.
Note: You only need to add the Flodesk header code to your Showit website once—no matter how many inline Flodesk forms you want to add.
How to add the Inline code to your Showit website
Once the header code is added to your Showit website, the next step is to add the Flodesk inline code where you want the form to show on the page.
Step 1. Copy the Flodesk inline code.
Step 2. In Showit, add the Embed Code widget from the object menu at the bottom of the editor, then paste your code into the Custom Code box under the Embed Info panel.
Read more about how to embed html code in Showit here.
Want to see how it’s done? Flodesk member Ingrid Urena of Atelier21 Co. made a tutorial walking you through the whole process. Watch it below.
Let's sum it up!
- If you’re serious about increasing your sales, building your brand and positioning yourself as a thought leader, be sure to add an inline form to your website.
- First, create an inline form. To embed an inline form to your Showit website you have to add both the header code and the inline code that’s generated to your website.
- Copy the Flodesk header code snippet and paste it in the Custom Head HTML section of your website under Page > Advanced Settings.
- Copy the Flodesk inline code snippet and paste it into the Custom Code box of your website under the Embed Info panel.
- Start capturing visitors’ email addresses and sending out those beautiful emails!