Flodesk forms are your website’s best friend. They capture your visitors’ email addresses so you can build your list and start regularly sharing your brand message. And adding them to your Squarespace website couldn’t be easier.
The most common sign-up forms you find on websites are inline forms. They’re the ones that are embedded into website pages, blog posts, sidebars or footers. Unlike popup forms, they appear as a natural, built-in part of the web page and are displayed at all times.
How do you embed an inline form to your website? Just add two code snippets.
How to add an inline form to your Squarespace website
Step 1. Start by creating and customizing your inline form.
Step 2. At the end of the form customization steps, you'll get two code snippets. It will look something like the below image. You need to add these codes to your Squarespace website so that the form gets displayed and your subscribers can sign up.
Note: Both the header code and the inline code have to be added to your website. It’s not enough to add only one of them.
How to add the header code and inline code to your Squarespace website
Step 1. Let’s start by adding the header code. Within Squarespace go to Settings > Advanced > Code injection and then paste the Flodesk header code into the Header section.
Step 2. Next, we’ll add the Flodesk inline code to your Squarespace site. The inline code snippet needs to be added where you want the form to appear on your webpage.
Add a blank section on your page, then edit it.
Add a < / > code block to this blank section—see below screenshot—and paste the Flodesk inline code here.
Click apply and save your changes.
Refresh your page and the form should appear on your page.
Want to see how it’s done? Cinnamon Wolfe, an amazing Flodesk member, made a tutorial to walk you through the whole process. Watch it below.
Let's sum it up!
- If you’re serious about increasing your sales, building your brand and positioning yourself as a thought leader, be sure to add an inline form to your website.
- First, create an inline form.
- Copy the Flodesk header code snippet that’s generated for you. Paste this into the Header section of your Squarespace website under Settings > Advanced > Code injection.
- Next, copy the Flodesk inline code snippet that’s generated for you. Paste this into a < / > code block on the page where you want the form to appear on your site.
- Start capturing visitors’ email addresses and sending out those beautiful emails!